10 Ways a Preschool Benefits Your Child
- A cure for boredom. Kids don’t need to be constantly entertained, but they do need activity. Preschool offers a place to go with something productive to do. If the alternative is day in and day out Youtube kid shows, it’s a good chance preschool will benefit your child.
- Gain foundational skills for learning. Preschool will make the educational experience like second nature. A child who is exposed early to interacting with teachers, working on projects in a class, and learning math and literacy will be far more advanced when he or she enters Kindergarten and 1st grade.
- Socialization. A variety of social settings such as preschool, going to public places, attending a religious service, or visiting friends offers your child an opportunity to feel comfortable around people. Regular preschoolers who meet with people everyday are confident in a social setting.
- Learns acceptable behavior in class and among peers. Being comfortable in a social setting is the first part; the second is learning what is appropriate behavior when interacting in social settings. Children learn these social cues better through experience than just a list of rules.
- Get parents used to separation. That’s right, parents need to get used to this sometimes just as much as kids. It’s easier on our minds as parents to drop off our children at a trusted location with capable caregivers and certified teachers. BBANJ offers all of this and more in a preschool.
- Kids make meaningful and pleasant memories of their childhood. At BBANJ, our preschool offers your child experiences with field trips, making crafts, cooking, doing music, and much more. Our staff is caring and attentive to your child’s needs. All of these contribute to the formation of uplifting memories for your child to look back on as adults.
- Mobilize. Preschool gets you all moving—out the door, and then on to whatever it is you need to do that day. This can be the motivation a family needs to just get out and get stuff done. Meanwhile, your child in a preschool builds the habit of going places and feeling the satisfaction of meeting with others and seeing new things.
- Structure! Young children especially find comfort in a plan of events that is consistent from day to day. Preschool offers that structure for kids within the school time, but also as you plan your day with preschool in it for your child’s planned activity.
- Some kids need peers to push them into learning more. Preschool offers a healthy place for kids to see what other kids are capable of and offer the opportunity for peer-to-peer encouragement and influence for learning.
- Intentional teaching.Your child is always learning, picking things up from their environment. At BBANJ, our preschool is set on giving your child a good education and love for learning. Your child will be taught what they ought to know at their age, and this will be done in a planned, meaningful way.
If you’re interested in a tour of our school, please make an appointment today at the preschool nearest you. We welcome your preschooler!