WHY CHOOSE BBA CHERRY HILL INFANT CARE PROGRAM?
We know it's hard to leave your loved ones in the care of another. Your peace of mind and the safety of your loved one is of utmost importance to us.
Bright Beginnings Academy in Cherry Hill, NJ strives to provide a warm, nurturing “home away from home” environment with lots of tender loving care for infants.
Since each infant is on their own schedule, their caregiver will create an individual infant daily activity plan for every child based on parental input.
This will allow for a smooth transition from home to school. Our teaching staff provides our infants with many opportunities to explore the world around them.
Activities will foster their Social, Emotional, Physical and Intellectual growth.
PRIMARY GOALS FOR INFANT CARE PROGRAM ARE:
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All infant staff have early childhood experience and at least 1 year infant experience
- Infant unit leaders are veteran day care teachers and have SUPERVISORY training
- Staff in Infant room have First Aid and CPR certifications, and Medical Administration Training.
- Each baby has a primary caregiver to ensure his or her needs are individualized and communication with parents is consistent
LOVING AND NURTURING CARE
- Our teachers provide a safe, and nurturing environment.
- We spend the majority of the day cuddling, talking, singing and interacting with your baby in a calm and secure atmosphere. So your child will always be loved and nurtured.
- We understand separation anxiety (for both of you) and will do whatever is necessary to help you and baby adjust. Feel free to call us or ask us to text you pictures of your baby. We welcome questions- we know babies and have worked with them for years! Also, no one knows your baby better than you! Give us the details about how we can better meet your baby's needs
SOCIAL AND INTELLECTUAL DEVELOPMENT
- We build communication through body language, gestures, facial expressions, sign language laughs and other sounds, and after 12 months, with words and phrases
- Physical awareness through leg exercises, head control, and mobility, creeping and crawling, pulling up, rolling over, walking, climbing and dancing
- Explore new things and be drawn to objects with vivid color and interesting textures
- Eye-hand coordination through sucking, grasping and object holding
- Babies of similar ages will work and play together on activities builds social skills as they observe and start to interact with peers- so cute to watch!
INFANT DAY CARE DAILY SCHEDULE
**Keep in mind the infant program is designed so that your child will be on their own personal schedule and that the below outline serves only as a general outline of the structure and activities of our day. Feeding and diapering are integrated throughout the day as needed.
An Infant Daily Report will be completed each day your Infant attends by your child’s caregiver. The schedule in the infant room is very flexible to ensure the individual needs of each infant are met.
7:00 - 9:00 am Arrival and Greetings - Infants arrive and are greeted by the staff. Parents relay important information to the caregiver such as feeding schedules, napping schedules and any other special needs for that child. This information will be recorded on the “Infants Daily Report”. Physical need routines such as feeding, changing and/or nap schedules will begin.
9:00 - 10:30 am Developmental Activities - Younger infants will enjoy activities such as Brain-Building Games, “Tummy Time”, singing, story time, stretching and cuddling. They will follow their daily needs schedules as well. Morning Nap may be during this time.
Older Infants will enjoy activities such as circle time, story time, puppet play, singing, finger plays and developmental activities. Activities will include sensory areas, block building, dramatic play and art exploration.
10:30 - 11:30 am Small Group Activities - Children will enjoy time together outdoors (weather permitting), taking walks with strollers, playing games and enjoying special activities.
11:30 - 12:30 pm Lunch / Daily Needs Routine - The Infants are fed, diapered and cleaned up for an afternoon nap.
12:30 - 2:30 pm Nap / Quiet Time - During nap time teachers play soft music, rock children( if necessary) while the children sleep. Infants that are awake during this time enjoy individual activity time with their caregiver.
2:30 - 3:00 pm Afternoon Snack / Meal - Infants will begin waking up from a nap. They will be diapered individually as they awaken. Children are served snack and get ready for their afternoon activities.
3:00 - 3:30pm Outdoor Play / Gross Motor Activities - Outdoor play time for the babies. Activities may include bubble play, small riding toys, ball play. Etc.
3:30 - 4:00 pm Developmental Activities - Infants enjoy a variety of activities such as blocks, nesting toys, and small motor activities.
4:00 - 6:00 pm Quiet Activities / Dismissal - Children engage in quiet activities while parents arrive. Caregivers share information of the infant’s day with the parents.